Background

Friday, August 8, 2014

A New Chapter

The end of each year is usually a time of reflecting on the previous year's happenings, and wonderments at and goals set for the next year. I kinda see life like a chapter book, with some chapters being  bigger and more life changing than others.

As 2013 wrapped up, I remember contemplating what goals I would set for 2014: ones like a mission trip to Belize, marrying my best friend off to my cousin, working at my dad's office, continuing work on the ranch and at home, and continuing my projects and community service.

One thing though, never even crossed my mind...and that was a relationship. 

I was quite content being single and honestly loved it. But somehow, that all changed, and the funny thing is...I was completely clueless. I've always believed God answers prayers, and have seen first hand God answer and work miracles in mine and others' lives, and so it should have come as no surprise when He answered my heart's desire of last summer and fall to blind my eyes to those (or one) pursuing me.

Anyway, I suppose I shouldn't hold you in suspense any more... Last year, after having gotten back from the Philippines, I started spending time with my brother David and his friend as they did lots of projects together, and little did I know where that would lead.

Slowly Alex unknowingly worked his way into my trust and a true and deep friendship was forged, which grew through our working and corresponding on the Christmas play he directed at our church last Christmas, of which I was his assistant and also main actress.
In February, he talked to my dad and started being mentored by him, while entering an 'intentional friendship' (later turned 'intentional relationship') with me, where we prayerfully sought to get to know each other in a deeper way.
On July 11th, after much ado and an amazing 'dinner hunt', leading to The Melting Pot where I was greeted by 12 white roses, sparkling apple cider, and a card with my name on it, Alexander, with the blessing of our parents, officially asked me to start a courtship with him where we'd continue learning about each other, and discerning God's will, with the intention of marriage (to which I agreed). =)
God is so gracious, and I am unspeakably blest, not only by this amazing, God-fearing man turned best friend, who is pursuing my heart and God's best, but by God's preparing me over the last few years especially for these moments.

I guess this would help explain my frequent absences over the past few months and vague explanations of what has been happening in my life, and I hope this makes up for it. =)
4th of July
Though this is an exciting time in my life, I do not want to want lose sight of my First Love--my King and Redeemer, who without, my life would be destitute of all hope, joy, peace, and true purpose. 

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."
~ Philippians 1:9-11 ~

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm SO excited for you Sarah:) Praise The Lord for His great goodness! I'll keep you in prayer for your relationship to continue to grow and blossom into more love for each other and Christ:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah! I have been one of those who has wondered at your "absence", and "vague descriptions of life", and am just so thrilled & grateful to the LORD for your wonderful reasons! =)
    Joining with you, Elanee and many others to pray over this relationship--may God continue to be glorified in each & every step! Blessings upon you, dear sister! Hugs, Prayers, Smiles. And much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elanee - Thank you! Amen and praise Jesus! We most certainly do relish your prayers! I miss you all!!

    Mallory - my sweet cousin! I'm glad I could divulge finally, as I was getting this feeling that you were 'just waiting'.. :)
    Prayer is one of the most amazing gifts in the world..what a precious life line we have with our Saviour, through which, we have access to His throne of grace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Sarah, what a lovely official update. Thanks for sharing how you and Alex got started. I wish I would have given a congratulations hug at church this morning, but will give an extra next week. :) God is good and I am blessed to have been able to watch you and Alex grow up in the Lord and continue to serve and love Him! Praying and looking forward to the next chapter!

    Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
    And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

    You have demonstrated your love to the Savior and it shows.

    blessings Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Mrs. Harned! You are so precious. I'll just have to get another extra hug next week! <3 God IS good! You have been such an inspiration to me over the years, and I'm just looking forward to hopefully spending more time with you as the years go by.
      Thank you for the verse--Psalms 37:3-5 are some of my life verses. That is my heart's desire, and by His grace, I pray I can live it daily.
      Love you!!

      Delete
  5. *BIG SMILE* Very excited for you, Sarah!! I will definitely be keeping you both in my prayers!! I've been eagerly anticipating this time and now it is finally here! Keep following the Lord and leaning on Him even in this exciting time! All things will follow and He will always do what is best! I'm glad we have been able to keep up contact through your blog and I'm excited to see what He does in the future!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ashley!
    Thank you for your sweet words and prayers! We sure can encourage them as we continue ascertaining God's will for our lives and preparing the foundation for the future...
    I'm so glad we've been able to keep in touch too!
    Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...