Background

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Originator of All That Is

I just had a wonderful Bible Study with a new friend of mine, down here outside of Guadalajara, Mexico, where my family is spending a couple of weeks with some friends, primarily for health reasons, but also for rejuvenation and ministry purposes as well.
What an incredible God we serve!!! He is the Originator of Life, the Creator of ALL things living, the Mastermind Architect of the most incredible development ever--our Universe.

Did you know that God told us in the Bible that our world was round and suspended by nothing?
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.."
~ Isaiah 40:22 ~

"He stretcheth out the North over the empty place, and hangeth the earth over nothing."
~ Job 26:7 ~
God also told us about microscopic things, long before scientists discovered them:
"Through faith, we understand that the whole worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."
~ Hebrews 11:3 ~

I love doing studies about the creatures of the Bible...God tells us so much, especially in Job, about the Leviathan...what a fascinating creature!! He tells us much of the horse, and of human life, in so many various passages!! Each is a treasure chest, just waiting to be opened!!!

One thing that really excites me is how much rich insight God shows me when I simply ask Him before I open my Bible in the morning: "Lord Jesus, my Saviour, King and Righteousness, give me eyes to see and ears to hear what You want me to apply today. Speak to me through your Word, Father, and give me insights into Who You are, and what Your heart is."

You know, He has never failed me...He has always shown me something so very applicable (though I'll warrant, sometimes it wasn't quite the 'applicable' I might have wanted, because you see, God wants to get to our hearts!!) 

I would encourage you to ask Jesus this every day before you read His Word. I'm also going through a little devotional a friend gave me for my graduation a couple years ago: "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence", written by missionary Sarah Young. It is truly inspiring. Not only little love letters from our King, but also affirmations of who we are in Christ.

I have really enjoyed the following website for scientific Bible facts....look it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...