Background

Friday, February 17, 2012

Busy Valentines

Valentine's Day was filled with many different activities...

First of all, I signed my life away to surgery (consent forms) at my surgeon's office, and had a bunch more pre-op pictures and moulds taken. He did a "model surgery", pictures of which, I hope to post soon.

Second of all, as most Coeur d'Aleneans know, we were honored to have Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum campaign here in Coeur d'Alene, before going on to Boise. We were privileged to listen to him deliver a message to a packed house of 600 people (around 400 people had to be turned away due to lack of space).
Yes, thus far, we are casting our vote with Senator Santorum for President. Out of all the candidates, he seems to be the most balanced in his views and looks to be the best choice to fit our Nation's need for revival. Throughout his service in the Senate, he has shown Conservative views and values, but also has a strong faith (although he is Catholic, he professes to be born again), good character, humility, decency, is down-to-earth, and is a family man.

I encourage you to watch his speech (given here in Cd'A) , and since I doubt most of you will want to sit through all 81 minutes of it, I have included below a time summary of where the important issues start (after allowing it to load, simply click on the moving bar, and drag it to the time you want). Some include sound-bite type stuff, but they all include the depth needed to inform.

A friend of ours said: "Taking just a few minutes focusing on these segments will allow you to be better informed on this candidate than by watching months of TV." Enjoy!
19:10 - Health Care
21:00 - The real reason Health Care is expensive. (Excellent comparison of Health Insurance with Auto Insurance)
37:35 - Energy
65:26 - Defense
68:40 - Entitlements
71:55 - Welfare
74:01 - Healthcare specifics
76:43 to 79:40 - Brilliant Treatise on Social Security

My evening was filled up with our church's Valentine's Banquet, which was put on by the College-age kids in our church.  We all had a wonderful time, serving, eating, and cleaning up. What a special time fellowshipping with other young people while being a blessing to others!!
Most of our group
What Is True Love???
1 John 4:7 says: "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."

Digging deeper, we find John 14:15, 21: "If you love Me, keep my commandments. ... He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him."

Note that every time it says love, the Greek word is "Agape" which means 'unconditional love'...the kind that God had when He sacrificed His only Son for our sins, to redeem us.  This is the word that is used over and over and over again in 1 Corinthians 13, where Paul describes in detail what makes Agape so singular.
So often, we read that chapter, but don't really take it to heart in what it really means. I would encourage all of you to read it again, and really meditate on what he is saying here.  In what ways do you need to grow or are you lacking??
I really like vs. 11, where it says: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I think so often, as we become adults, we bring some of that childish immaturity with us, and instead of being able to take care of at least us and 1 other person, we are self-centered and me-focused.  I know this is definitely something God has been working on me about, as I am in this transition phase.

I encourage all of you young people out there, seek God in regards to any areas you may need to grow & mature in. Yes, we should still have fun, and be like little children in our innocence, but not in an immature, selfish way. It should be in a sensitive and responsible way, not hurting others to our own amusement.

6 comments:

  1. I was disappointed to read this bit about Santorum; you may be interested in it also:

    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/10549-santorum-voted-to-subsidize-abortion-planned-parenthood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meggan!
      Thank you for commenting!! It's always good to hear from you!

      I looked the article over, and it seems very slanted. If you notice, it did not include the bills or dates for what they were referring to. It also seems to be written by a Ron Paul supporter--which is not a problem--except for the lack of evidence, concluding that maybe the article might not be completely trustworthy.?

      Here's a link that includes actual dates, bills and facts, that shows just the exact opposite: http://www.ricksantorum.com/santorum-record-defending-dignity-every-human-life

      Let me know what your thoughts are!
      Blessings,
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Praying for Daniel in IL. Your upcoming surgery on the 27th. So proud of your papa for being present with Santorum. We think he is the best choice too. Although all are flawed, Santorum and all republicans need to be prepared for our narcisistic president to spend a billion to crush them. Sad to say.
    Love, Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you!!
      I agree with you about the candidates....we need to pray, pray, pray!! And also for Santorum, personally, because as he becomes more in the limelight, he will need more wisdom and guidance by God, for his words and actions.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree. If Santorum will continually seek God's wisdom, HE will show Himself faithful to Rick, and hopefully God's grace again to our beloved country. So sad to see it oh so differently that when I grew up.

      We had the Ten Commandments posted in our classroom (public school in Calif). I am sure this administration would love to remove "Under God" from our money, as they took Him out of our schools. Look at the result. LG

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Sarah. I will definitely check out the link you posted when I can. It would be great to feel that there is a candidate I could wholeheartedly support, and Santorum is the closest option ... I just feel pretty pessimistic at this point, and wonder if there is some truth to this sort of article.

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...