Background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Just a Testimony

"....my cup runneth over."
~ Psalms 23:5c ~

Manila, Philippines
That verse hit me hard when I read it today....God has so blessed me, and so filled my cup to overflowing...  This last week was extremely busy--in a good way: from helping my dad prepare for our Annual Staff Appreciation Party, to preparing for Sunday's Philippine Presentation, and everything else in between, and God sure made this verse true in my life!!

If you know me, I love helping other people, but it's hard sometimes to allow people to help me because "I don't want to be a burden"...a lie I know...but still something I battle with. So, it was overwhelming to have so many people pitch in to help with last minute preparations for the Meal on Sunday. I when I assumed I would just get all the last details done...whatever it takes, not matter if an "all-nighter" would be the answer. I guess teamwork is a good thing...something God has created. Something that I need to learn how to do well.

Where are my brothers???
Looking back, even an "all-nighter" by myself wouldn't have gotten everything done in time, and so I'm grateful that my precious family joyfully pitched on Saturday...sacrificing their plans for me. No less grateful was I than when I walked into the Church kitchen Sunday morning, to find my dear friend Alyssa already working in the kitchen!!! So many people lended their hands willingly to help...it was simply...yes, I've used the word a lot, but it's the best I know....overwhelming.

My Bukid Baby
The 'Surprise Meal' was Filipino Tacos....everyone raved about them, and I guess they'll become a regular around our house!!  I was told to plan for around 175 people, but when all was said and done, there were around 210 for the meal, and 225 for the presentation. Though there was a shortage of meat and beans, no one complained....and if anything, they got a feeling for what it was like in the Phils, when sometimes all you ate was rice 3 times a day. (Boy do I LOVE rice now!!)

As my mentor reminded me later, I asked God that it would be about Him and not me...that He would speak through me, and that He would get the praise, glory, and honor, and I know He did.  Though I felt incapable, He was there through my weakness-praise God!!

We serve a powerful God!! Praise Him for who He is!!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
~ Romans 8:28 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...