Background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

1 Down, 39 To Go...

Well, I finished Chapter 1 of 40 today, and am now starting on the 2nd Chapter of my EMT Manual. My Quiz Score was  85% (3 wrong), and even with that, I am already learning so much.  The program is set up really well, and the Contact People are easy to work with when you have questions.  EMT Fire Training has really tried to make it's program user and learning type friendly, and my little siblings are jealous, because I get to play 'crossword puzzles' to help me memorize the different names, etc. :)

Star of Life
This first section is completely Preparatory, meaning it covers the basics of everything EMS. For instance, this first Chapter gave an overview of what EMS is all about, what our Scope of Practices are, etc. etc.  The next chapter is on Workforce Safety.  Already, I am learning so much that can be used for every aspect of Health Care, and not just for Medical Emergencies (which is why I'm enrolled in this course).

Though I know the course will become more complicated and challenging as I start memorizing more and more, I'm looking forward to the Fundamental Knowledge I'll be learning, that I know will assist me an every area of life.  As it was said at my dear friend's RN Pinning Ceremony last night, 'though the coursework is tough, the outcome is worth it, and it changes you (for the good), and gives you life-long skills'.

For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
 ~ Isaiah 50:7 ~

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy (ruhamah), and find grace to help in time of need.
~ Hebrew 4:16 ~

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of emergency medicine! I hope you enjoy your stay. Thanks for following my blog. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have immensely enjoyed your blog, and your clean stories and uplifting look at life. Thank you for following my blog as well, and may God bless you and stay safe!

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...