Background

Friday, May 23, 2014

Poems and Ponderings

It's been a while since I've posted...but thought I'd share just a few random things...

I am only one, but I am one;
I cannot do everything,
But I can do something.
What I can do, I ought to do,
And what I ought to do
By God's grace, I will do.
~ Edward Everett Hale ~
If I knew that a word of mine,
A word not kind and true,
Might leave its trace
On a loved one's face,
I'd never speak harshly;
would you?

If I knew the light of a smile
Might linger the whole day through,
And lighten some heart
With a heavier part,
I wouldn't withhold it;
would you?
~ Anonymous ~

I've been pondering on these verses of late...
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."
~ Proverbs 18:21 ~

Sometimes, it is easy to get wrapped up in your own little world, your own needs, your own happiness, work, or sorrow, and forget about that big world around you. Smiles are important, just as reaching out is important. Graciousness is important. Prudence is important. Discretion is important.

I ran upon this verse the other day, and it really sent me for a loop. Though it seems to be paralleling the first part against the second part, it was another reminder for me to (through God's grace) work on becoming a woman of prudence. I am so grateful for those mentors and encouragers in my life!

"House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD."
~Proverbs 19:14 ~

What about you? What is God teaching you right now?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! This was a good reminer! I especially enjoyed the second poem you shared! It is so neat to know God is faithful enough to work with us and be willing to be patient with us as many times as we need to learn lessons! I hope you are doing well, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...