Background

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Time For Everything

When I think of Spring, I think of new life, spring cleaning, garden planting, light baby colors, graduations, and weddings... Summer is vibrant -- filled with brilliantly colored flowers, summer jobs, more weddings, and... TIME!! Time to scrapbook, serve others, have summer fun, picnics...mmmm!
And then Autumn comes.... *happy, thoughtful sigh*
I love Autumn..not only is it my "Color", but with it, comes a whole new spectrum of intense, rich, and deep, but muted  colors; scarves, sweaters, and creativity. A whole new start of things..School, harvest, spice, AND color!!

Ahhh, I love how God has put such creativity and diversity into the seasons. Not only with their colors, and many roles and structures, but how there is a time for everything. It reminds me of Ecclesiastes:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which has is planted;  A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;  A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;  A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war; and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in His time: also He hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

I know that whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it that men should fear before Him. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 ~

Looking back, this summer has been full of God's blessings and faithfulness. There have been reasons for my blogging silence, a weight on my heart that I am now at liberty to share... This summer, God gave us 3 new siblings: to cherish, adore, talk to, care for, dream of, and pray for in their earliest stages of life, before He just as quickly took them home to live with Him in heaven.

In Mexico, Mama found out she was pregnant with our third set of twins - Simeon Luke James (Truthful and Enlightened One whom God hears) and Anna Abigail Joy (My father's gracious Joy). These lives we faithfully fought for, prayed over, and then gave back to God. In the midst of the joy and then sorrow, God was truly there. He was the center of our joy -- our Firm Foundation, our Solid  Rock.
Shortly afterwards, we found out we were expecting another little brother!!! Wow! After fighting for his life too, we gave him also back to God. Mama and Papa named him Phillip Joseph (Strong in Spirit with God's Increasing Faithfulness).
This makes us a family of 26, with 23 siblings (3 of which are older than me). Though many see this as a tragedy and don't understand the blessings in all of this, we know the blessings of allowing God to bless us with as many children as He deems fit. For these children -- each one -- we prayed for!!
I think this summer, if nothing else, we have realized the worth of every life, even if we can only appreciate that life for a very short time. It is still precious and special, and worth every moment!! And best yet, it drew us closer as a family to each other than ever...
"The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
~ Job 1:21 ~

I am so grateful for each of my siblings:
Christiana Grace, Christopher James, Daniel Walter II, (Me), Ardenia Jane, Rachel Christine Abigail, David Michael, John Addison, Samuel Drew, Rebekah Joy, Esther Elaine, Josiah David, Matthew Paul, Lydia Carol and James Andrew Thomas, Faith Melaine, Grace Love and Hope Anne, Joshua Thomas, Caleb Joseph, Charity Promise, Simeon Luke James and Anna Abigail Joy, and Phillip Joseph.
I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
~ Psalms 139:14-16 ~

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Sarah...how my heart throbs for you all!
    Personally, I have only had to endure the "loss", or rather the "homegoing" of one of my siblings-- our precious number 11 <3. But it is very true, what you say about times like these bringing us closer to eachother! Some dear friends of ours lost two little ones-- a little girl at only a few months, and a tiny brother only hours after birth; and I know that we are closer to them as friends by just having been by their sides during these times of pain. Thank-you so very much for sharing-- I weep with you, my sister in Christ! And yet, I see cause to rejoce as well: for the precious siblings we do have here, for Gods sovreignty, and for the knowledge that He has a plan & will for us, so above what we could "ask or think"!
    Here is sending tear-stained hugs to you & yours from Oregon!
    Because He Lives!
    ~Mallory <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mallory,
      Thank you for your sweet words. We rejoice as well, knowing that we will one day see them in Heaven!! What a glad reunion it will be...
      Each child -- no matter how small -- is a blessing from above...and you are right that it definitely can draw families and bond people together... I am so grateful for the chance to be able to even have these precious siblings, as so many people don't allow the chance at all..
      God is So Good!!

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...