Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

19 days Left!

I can hardly believe that I leave in 2.5 weeks! Wow...God has been so gracious!
Backpacking it..
The past 2 days, I got everything packed that I need to take (minus the last minute things--like my computer. :p)...crazy how sometimes it takes longer to pack when you can only take a little bit, than when you can take a lot, since you have to think over every aspect of what you might need (that you can't get there) over 6 months' time.

Also, yesterday, I surpassed my minimums for the amount I'll need to live over there--praise God!!! I am so grateful for all those who helped support me, either through gifts, or allowing me to work for them this summer, and especially for the Idaho Character Foundation who covered my travel expenses, and my amazing parents/family who have seen less of me this summer than normal.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!! It is such a blessing and encouragement to know that there will be people back home who will be covering me with prayers before the throne of our God.

A quick update on Rachel...she has settled in Singapore quite well, is staying extremely busy, but is loving every moment of it. God has blessed her with an amazing roommate-Leslie, who she actually knew from IBLP Headquarters, and besides enjoying sweet fellowship in Christ with her, Rachel is gleaning a lot of wisdom as well.

For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then, it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
~Romans 9:15-16 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...