Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mindanao Flooding

Many people have asked me if the floodings that were happening in the Philippines are where I was -- on the island of Mindanao. I talked to a Filipino friend shortly after the New Year, and she reported that the Major flooding was in Cagayan de Oro (which is North of Davao City and East of Butuan City -- the 2 places I spent most of my time).
She said that at that point, they were really worried about a "Low Pressure area" (the starting of a typhoon) in her hometown-General Santos City (which you can see on the map above as well), about 3 hours from Davao.  Cagayan's flooding has affected Davao through it's rains, so that could be equated with small flooding, but nothing like what is in Cagayan.

It has worried the Filipinos though, because Mindanao is not affected by typhoons...it is the Northern part of the Philippines that is affected by it.

I don't have any more recent updates, but you can keep them in your prayers, that God would protect them all.

The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever. The LORD will give strength unto His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace.
~ Psalms 29:10-11 ~

(Father, YOU are King over the flood!!! I will be still and know You are God!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...