Background

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Desert Overview

Well, the past 3 days have been incredible! What an amazing and incredibly creative and all-knowing God we serve!!
Before I go on, praise God, Christ is risen! Hallelujah!

My brothers took tons of photos over the past couple days, and I'm excited to share highlights in a near future post...however, at this time, please be content with the few photos I have on my phone...

Friday, we visited Zion National Park in Utah, which unfortunately, all photos will come later. Let me just say that it was amazing, including hiking a mile upriver through the river...it was awesome (cool ;P), and very memorable!

We then (after eating at TX Roadhouse, drove very late into the night to just outside the Grand Canyon, where we literally caught a few hours of sleep before meeting with our tour guide - Russ Miller of link text (Creation Ministries). highly, highly recommended!!

Wow, wow, wow! I loved Zion, but the Grand Canyon was especially impactful, because I learned SO much! (I hope to share more later).


We spent the night in Flagstaff, AZ, where we had dinner at Black Barts Steak House..a wonderful memory, most specific to the fact that their waiters sing musical (Broadway/Oldie) numbers accompanied by a very talented piano player, and they take requests! Among those played were two of our favorites...'Beauty and the Beast' and 'Somewhere Out There'.

Don't you love Samuel's artwork? We are in the Wild Southwest... :)

Black Bart's history..kinda interesting!

This morning, we attended the Miller's church for their Easter morning service, which was wonderful...
One of the most impactful things I heard was: "Today marks the beginning of a new year for Christianity..a new start, a new day, a new beginning." I am so grateful for God's redemptive love, forgiveness, and justice, and for His peace that surpasseth all understanding! Oh what joy I have to know that my purpose on earth is to glorify God and encourage all those He brings along my path!

Now, we are on the road, with Carlsbad Caverns in NM as our next stop...another late night, and more awesome adventures are sure to be in store before finishing off tomorrow by arriving in Big Sandy for the ATI conference tomorrow evening.

I love elephants, and this sticker on a diaper station caught my eye because of the distinctions between the daddy, mommy, and baby...specifically in their eyes and ears..

Psalms 20:5, 7-8: "We will rejoice in Thy Salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all Thy petitions. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright."

PS...just something to ponder: If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...