Background

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Doings

December was a fun, full month...lots of good memories, lots of parties, and lots of company....starting with our Annual 11 hr. long Annual Staff Appreciation Party!! (Did I ever tell you my dad likes to have fun and make every inch of life FULL of fun??) Well...that spills over into every aspect of life, including this.

I 'finally' found a collage maker, and after starting to use it, I'm trying not to beat myself up for not using it all these years! Wow....talk about ending those long 6' posts of pictures (okay, maybe this still is 8-D)!! :)  I'd love to know if collages make my posts more fun and easier to read! (And praise God, I'm hoping this is one of the last long month synopsis-es. :)
Honestly, I have to say that if it wasn't that I wanted to remember the memories myself, I wouldn't bother posting from the last couple months, but, here it is. :)

Every year, the day changes a little bit, but this year, we started out with bowling, before heading up to the house for lunch.
Getting ready and catching up. (It's always fun to see what people wear, with the Christmas/Camo limitations) :)
My cousin Luke is up in the top left, in his Ghillie suit. And Uncle Sam ;) )
It's always fun seeing people's poses for bowling...
 And even more fun watching their responses to what they bowled! :)
I'm curious as to what the people in the lowest left photo are gawking at. :)
My dad is fun...if we got scores high (or low ;p) enough, we got cash!
Once we got to the house, there was a feast prepared, (thanks to my wonderful mother, and sibling-helpers!!!)
Don't  you love our Christmas tree? My siblings got it and decorated it.
 After lunch, we had shooting competitions-both skeet, and inside (neither of which, sadly, did I get photos of). And then....dinner!!
I love catching people candidly...it's so fun! :)
Had a blast of fun with my bestie (cuz she married my cousin, ya know!) What  a cute little bump!!
She's SUCH a gorgeous pregnant woman!
We celebrated our 6th month 'official courtship' anniversary, and we even accidentally matched!! :)
For the first time in a while, we went to the Nutcracker at Christmas, and this one was put on by the Coeur d'Alene Ballet! It was so fun, kinda like an Old West play and quite family friendly.
Alex gave me the prettiest locket for Christmas--early actually, before we went to Nutcracker... Isn't it pretty?
We exchanged our Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve Eve, as he was going to celebrate the holidays with his folks.. And, we had an awesome time with the Little family from Texas too.
Alex had been wanting Hungry Hungry Hippos for months, and boy, is it fun! :)
Mad Libs are a blast too.... And, I love the many little gifts he gave me too (Sometimes, I love toe socks ;p)
.. especially this:
Isn't it adorable??! I just love it. And....on it was the SWEETEST message! :)
Christmas Eve was wonderful with our cousins, as was Christmas, though sadly, I have mislaid (hopefully not permanently!) my wonderful Christmas day photos, so this will have to suffice from Christmas Eve.
I was trying to get a selfie for memory's sake, and Rachel decided to jump in...Just love it. :)
Our children's gift to our parents were family portraits the day after Christmas... It was wonderful.
That's our real heights (I think??) I might have been standing on tiptoes. :)
I had devote a compete collage to Rachel, as her photos were so cute and hilarious, that I had to include them. ;)
I have 2 of the most beautiful sisters in the world...
Right after Christmas, our dear friends - the Hogans, came for a wonderful week and a half full of encouragement, fun, and a couple amazing conferences. (More about that in January).

And I suppose that this ends my December post. So much more happened...so much more than I can even remember or care to write, but God has been so faithful, and so good. If there is one chapter that sums up December it would be Psalms 18:

"...I will love Thee, O LORD, my Strength. The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I trust; my Buckler, and the horn of my Salvation, and my High Tower...As for God, His way is perfect: the Word of the LORD is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a Rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect...Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto Thy name."

2 comments:

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...