Background

Friday, October 17, 2014

Tasha + Hank's Wedding

Well, on October 4th, my dear friend Natasha finally tied the knot. What a privilege it has been to walk through this relationship with her, and support her along the way! The wedding was completely her and Hank. Short, simple, and sweet, with a 1950's flare.

The wedding rehearsal went great, and it was a perfect evening too! What a wonderful and sentimental venue they picked!!
Isn't that gorgeous?!
 Saturday morning, we got there early to set-up the rest of everything.... This little guy (Peter), was my buddy for the morning.
 It was so much fun to meet all the rest of Alex and Tasha's extended family, and there was definitely connections made. :) And of course, it was wonderful to see precious Aunt Liz again...though we sure missed you Grandma Barb!
All the sisters together once again.
I loved how Tasha used a blusher veil. So many people nowadays are shying away from using it, and well.... I just thought it was absolutely lovely!!
 I didn't get a photo of their first kiss, but is was short and sweet, ending in a secure hug.

What fun their reunion was!!!
Just had to put in this photo of my dapper best friend...
Though in some ways, he has lost his sister, he has gained a brother!
Only brothers... (with Hank's brother Austin)
Isn't this couple so adorable?!
 Of course, along with the rest of the reception came cake (and cupcakes, gluten and gluten-free!), and was their's a beaut!!! It was a heart-shaped pyramid with fresh violets sprinkled around, with a cake topper saying "Mr & Mrs Little".
If their cake exchange is any preview of their marriage, it looks to be sweet, caring, and genial. :)
 And, of course with the cake comes DANCING! Oh, what fun we had! Ballroom and swing are the most fun in the world....
I made coordinating outfits for Alex and I, and I loved being his little helper, sidekick, and back up video-photo-grapher. I am sooooo blessed.
Did I ever tell anyone that I have the BEST father in the world?! He's amazing and so wonderful and wise!!
Alex has a pretty great dad too... It was so fun seeing them together--all dressed up!
And Mama (who sacrificed me being at her birthday party the night before so I could be at the rehearsal), is as lovely as ever with our precious friend Pamela!!
All in all, it was a wonderful wedding, bringing back to remembrance the meaning and beauty of a marriage centered around Christ.

"Wherefore they are no more twain,  but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."
~ Matthew 19:6 ~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Natasha's dress turned out really pretty.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding:) I loved seeing the pictures! Your dress and matching outfit with Alex is simply beautiful! Did you actually make the tie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly! Welcome to my blog! Yes, Tasha's dress did turn out lovely!!
    Elanee - Thanks. Yes, I actually did make the tie. :) It was a great pattern, though for using fancy fabrics like taffeta, I would make a few changes for future ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " Passing Moment" and the post on it " Tasha and Hank's Wedding". The wedding pictures are so beautiful. There is a blessedness in these pictures. Well this also gives me an opportunity to share about the program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young as well as adults from the West. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encoruage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during ther vacation time. With your interest in missions and love for serving others it would be a great opportuntiy for you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during your vacation time. My email id is :dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you. Praying for God's direction as you wait up on Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diwakar,
      You've messaged a few times, and I appreciate your heart for seeking people to come help you in India. At this time, God is directing me in different avenues of service for Him. I appreciate your understanding this and seeking volunteers elsewhere.
      Thank you,

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...