Background

Thursday, October 23, 2014

October Originals

Well, well, well!! Hello October (and almost November!!) Did you know that between the last of October and the first of November is a very special day?! THE FIRST OF OCTEMBER!!! But better beware!! If you're not very, very careful, in a blink of a flash, you will have missed it.
In fact, it is so hard NOT to miss, that most people I know have never been able to slip inside it's joys!
(For those of you who don't know...it's cousin is Sleep Day--the day between Saturday and Sunday). A lot of people miss that one too.

Onto other such things, this month has been a blur of yet more activity.. The week after Tasha and Hank's wedding, we got to spend some more time with all the relatives and especially these awesome cousins!!
We got to show them around our place and they got to meet their first alpaca!! :)
I love this photo Alex captured (thanks to Alex for most of the photos on this post.) :)
That next weekend, Alex and I had the joy of video graphing the last 2 shows of Rockin' B Ranch's 20th Celebratory Dinner Shows!! What an honor that was, and it brought back memories for both of us..
And, for the first time, we were able to actually spend our courtship anniversary together...that was a LOT of fun! I am so blessed...

Alex got his winter vehicle, and his ole' pal Matthew and I had a lot of fun testing it out with him on the logging trails... Isn't the color glorious?! I have to say, I love Land Rover Discoverys.... (1994 is the best!) ;)
Of course, we had to take opportunity of a handy photographer in this landscape! (Courtesy of this lot to Matthew)
On another note, I've been working on downsizing the ranch, and we have now gone from over 50 head of alpacas to a mere 24 (and sliding) in the last 5 months! Praise God!

Also, as of this week, it has been ten years since we moved onto our ranch.... Looking back, I am so thankful my parents decided to move--first from Anchorage, and then from the Coeur d'Alene suburbia...what memories we have to cherish and are still making!!
Like.......
Introducing: the newest meat bringer of the family:
Thanks to Esther, we now have fresh deer meat in the freezer!! :)
 We sure had fun watching Hank and Tasha open their wedding presents too!! They sure got some fun and useful keepers!
(They even got their height right! :D)

 On the way up there, a couple of my men decided to have some fun....
Mmm...oh, do I love this time of year with the scrumptious cups of tea and cider, good books, warms scarves and tights, gloves and ear muffs! And crocheting... You know?! As my family can attest you used to NEVER find me without cross stitch, embroidery, or crocheting in my hands, but after the Philippines and medical studies, life changed so much, that it really has only been in the last year or so that I've taken my handwork and sewing back out!! And, boy am I glad I have!!
With life so busy and full, I'm not quite as fast at getting projects whipped out, but they're coming slowly but surely! Maybe I'll post pictures of a few in a while... :)

One of Alex and my favorite verses has been I Thessalonians 4:11-12, and I think it is quite appropriate this post:
"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; that ye many walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may lack of nothing."

2 comments:

  1. Fun post, Sarah! This is my favorite time of year for sure too! Glad to see you staying busy, having fun and enjoying life! It's always fun to see pictures of you and Alex and I have enjoyed watching your relationship from afar! Praying for you!:)

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...