Background

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Grace of God

I came upon this poem today, and was blessed, encouraged, strengthened, invigorated, uplifted, thought-provoked, inspired, and humbled by it. I wanted to share it with you all, in hopes that it would do the same for you.
We serve a mighty God!!

My
"My grace," 'tis the God of all grace who hath spoken,
Whose Word in the heavens forever is set;
Whose covenant promise hath never been broken;
Who never can fail or forget;
Who knoweth my needs and Who seethe my sorrows,
However so many and great they may be;
Who hearth my prayers for the days and the morrows;
His grace is sufficient for me.

Grace
"My grace;" all His blessings this work is unfolding,
His love and His power in harmony blend;
'Tis grace that hath saved me, and grace that is holding,
And grace that will keep to the end;
'Tis grace that hath written redemption's glad story,
And grace all the song of the ransomed shall be;
'Tis grace that transforms me from glory to glory;
That grace is sufficient for me.

Is
"My grace is," not "was" and not "will be;" 'tis flowing'
Each hour and each moment my need to supply,
The deeper I dip, still the deeper 'tis growing,
No drought can diminish or dry;
My heart from the future no trouble shall borrow;
Eternal this present provision shall be,
Assured for today and as sure for tomorrow,
Such grace is sufficient for me.

Sufficient
"My grace is sufficient." Oh, help without measure!
An ocean of riches no plummet can sound,
A storehouse unfailing of infinite treasure,
A gift without limit or bound;
Exceeding abundant for all His creation,
Enough for the thorn that is buffeting me,
The fulness of God for earth's brief tribulation -
"My grace is sufficient for thee."

For Thee.
"Sufficient for thee," for my utmost salvation,
As though ne'er another had owed Him a debt;
For my special grief and my special temptation,
My cares and my sins that beset;
He giveth more grace for my humble endeavor;
I am praising Him now, I shall praise Him forever;
His grace is sufficient for me.

~ by Annie Johnson Flint ~

"And He said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee' for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...