Background

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Little Joys of Life

Mmm....the sweet joys of ... wait, it's not quite Autumn yet... Ah well, it's soon to be!! :) I can feel it in the air...and you know what one big plus is?!
Not feeling like this! =D
I thought August would slow down, and in some ways, it did...but in other ways, haha, NOT a chance! Here's a few highlights from the last month (I only wish I'd been able to capture more with my missing camera!)....

We've sold 24 alpacas in the last 4 months--most of which have happened in the last month, which is such a blessing, bringing us thus far down to 26 alpacas total...plus we've had quite a few crias born! All of that has kept me quite busy!! (Glad my dream last night didn't come true, where we had 5 crias born in an hour!! =D)
This little one is our personal favorite - from an outside breeding out of Lexington and Rose, his name is Legacy. :)
This little one (Asphalt), gave us quite a scare, and I ended up bringing his mom to WSU Vet Hospital because he wasn't coming...but when we got there, we found that trailering had corrected it, and this 19+lb. gray male was already born!!
Pride is an absolute darling.
And Cutie (our only female this last month), sold almost before she was born!! Isn't she darling and cuddly?!
The boys had a lot of fun on their fishing trip with the Alert Cadet Squad up here:
As did David at his photography class in Alaska, where he turned 18!!:
Maybe this will help you understand why I am so partial to my homeland... :)
Eagle River--the area that I grew up....except, we lived in the mountain, overlooking the valley.
And of course, there was no doubt that our men enjoyed their time in the Alaskan wilderness when Papa and Samuel flew up to join David after his class!!
Here they are stalking sheep...
And here...they found them! ;) (But, that was only the males....the females were their own number too!)
They had more than a few (close) encounters with Grizzlies...up to only 30 yards away, and charging! God is good. :)
And of course, what is the North without the Aurora Borealis?!
How great is our God, that the mountains, winds, and seas obey Him?!

The girls went on a 10-day Journey To The Heart in the Northwoods, for which I don't have any pictures offhand, however it was life changing and encouraging for each of them. Find out how you can go on a Journey HERE!!

A quick word on David...I can hardly believe he's turned from this adorable little boy:
To this dapper, responsible, young man!!
On with life, Alex's sister is getting married in a couple weeks, and we just had her bridal shower, which was so much fun!! With a crazy week of work and selling alpacas, I was doing prep to the last minute, and didn't get the photos I wanted, except of Tasha and I and glimpse of our decorations..

And, per requests, here's a little glimpse of my favorite part of life right now (besides my relationship with Jesus):
Starting with memoirs from July (since I didn't get my copy of the pictures until August... :) David, Alex, our friend Garrett, and I all filmed at a wedding by Sagle. Isn't it a pretty setting?!
(We're trying to get more 'even height' photos...just for fun :)
I can hardly believe we've been "officially courting" for over 2 months now, and the longer we have, the more I realize how blessed I am. We've been studying together how Christ and the Church relates to Marriage in real, applicable ways. And you know what?! The more we study, the more we find how it correlates in pretty much every way! We're also really enjoying going through the book 'Before You Say I Do'...definitely a recommend for any couple pursuing setting the foundation for life! That's just the tip (and if you want to know, just ask), but it has been SO good, and it is the most wonderful feeling to be truly washed in the Word.
The boys and I went over last Sunday to Alex's house for...umm...Hank's "Get-Together" Party. :) Tasha and I hung out at the house with their mom--talking and crocheting, while the rest went shooting, and then Alex and I prepared dinner...
Our silly picture (Tasha is just in bliss... ;P)
Cleaning the Barbecue
And I guess that's all for now folks! This next week is crazy between work, sewing, People and more people, and then babysitting all next weekend. So, for now, I'm off to my sewing machine to get as much done on...something (that'll I show you in a few weeks, when the times right :p).

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, whig are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."
~ Philippians 1:9-11 ~

6 comments:

  1. Tasha is just in bliss? I think you are too! I'm so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you two are totes adorbs!
    I loved my bridal shower so much. Thanks for doing all that, Sarah:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks Tash!! <3 ;) I'm so glad it all worked out!! Love you too!!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing this update! I sure am excited to see how the Lord is working in your life-especially as of late.;) I know that He has good things in store and it is neat to watch another testimony of young people waiting on God! I loved seeing the courtship pictures but I also loved seeing pictures from Alaska! It slipped my mind that you are connected with that wonderful place!! It would be so neat to go there sometime with you, if it ever worked out!;) I'm sincerely hoping the Lord will continue to open doors for the future there! Even though it's not my homeland, I sure love it! I actually have worked two summers now with people from Eagle River!? Wouldn't it be funny if you knew them!? This past summer we had a young man counseling with us on staff at camp who lives "in the valley" as they call it down in Sterling!;) Well, this is turning into an email!;) Continuing to pray for you and sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear Ashley! Mmmm...It'll be fun to see where God leads both of us in life....I'm so glad you've had the opportunity to bless people up North! They sure need it!!
      I'd love to know who you knew from Eagle River...we still have contact with quite a few families up there, though there are a lot of new faces I'm sure too. :)
      Love and miss you! Keep serving Jesus!

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...