Background

Friday, July 4, 2014

June Jabberings

June was an eventful month. After our relatives left, we had a few days to prepare before some missionary friends from Mexico dropped 5 of their kids off for just under a month while they raised support in Australia for their Childrens' Homes in Guadalajara.
I can't say enough about these Childrens' Homes! We got the opportunity to visit and spend time with a few of the different homes while we're there in Mexico a year ago, and they truly live out in a Biblical fashion Psalms 68:6:

"God setteth the solitary in families: He bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land."

If you'd like to donate or read more about the Murillo's ministry, please click here.
The Murillos, us, and our 2 cousins
Then, at the end of June, Rachel and I drove to Centralia, Washington (North of Chehalis) for the weekend to celebrate a friend's graduation ceremony and senior piano recital!! Was that fun!
Us 4 girls taking a break from prepping...
Rosetta's grandma made this beautiful centerpiece for her...isn't it gorgeous?!
I got to help fill my favorites: Deviled Eggs... It's a little bit like cake decorating, and a heap of fun!
Flurries of fun-filled, relaxing activity... (How many can you fit in one kitchen?)
Rosetta showing off the dress her mama made her (isn't it pretty?!)
Yes, this is actually chocolate cake!
Rachel and Rosetta
All the girls celebrating the graduation...
I got to visit my good friend Julie while there (Rosetta's aunt), and what a precious time that was!
Rachel got them matching shirts a while back, and so they got to be twins! (Everyone though we were all cousins or something as it was....)
On the way over there, we stopped by Thorp's Fruit Stand and Antique Mall. If you're ever there, you have to stop by!!! It's amazing, has great finds, delicious fruits, and handmade edible items by various Washingtonians.

While there, I found the following items to add to my growing trousseau for that 'some day'. :)
A highchair--just like the one I grew up in! (Talk about a God-send, special, and rare!)
A vintage apron which inspires me with it's handmade embroidery and knick-knack (and YES, I do actually wear it)
A couple hangers, which are just my style...
We got back just in time to welcome my aunt's family for the week, and celebrate my 21st birthday!! (Coming next post)

June was wonderful, and July is even better!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a lovely summer, keep posting (:
    God Bless-
    Hannah Sue

    *You can check my blog out at* http://iowangirl24.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...