Background

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Roadtrip Life

You ever wonder what a road trip for a family of 11 looks like? Granted this one is pretty mellow with ages ranging from almost 23-9 (unlike those in the past), but we still manage to have fun... I jotted down some musings and amusings for smile's sake... (You know the longest word in the world is 'smiles', because there is a mile between the 2 "s's".

Dried coconut is the best!

Today's Favorite Quotes:
(Me to David): "What size of feet do you wear?"
(During roll call): "If you're not here, speak now or forever hold your peace." =D

(From one of Tom Harmon's sermons): "I take my Bible literally, laterally, horizontally, and vertically." (And I add, 'Lord help me live that!')
"If you don't have the spirit of God, you're dumber than a stick... Luke 48 : something"

Wisdom Learned:
Being short is awesome...just don't lock your legs...you don't pass out since you are sitting down...you just feel terrible. :)


Random Musings
By 1030, I already used the Silvadene from my medical kit...on a burn from one of the rest stop's popcorn maker, of all things! Who knew, right!? Little brothers have a way of finding those things.. :-)

David does not appreciate my fascination with his adams apple. (funny how we are all naturally protective of our throats!)
After telling him that I like having him as my seat mate because he is so low key (which is awesome because the back row of peanuts is anything but that...), ;P, we somehow started a short, but quiet competition on low-keyed voice notes... Did you know if a soprano goes low enough, she can sound like a mini weed eater!? =)

John 16:13-14: "Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you."

Jeremiah 6:16: "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls."

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger and am loving it, because I have the most incredible King ever, and no matter what journey or path I am on in life, He is there every step of the way guiding me! Did you know He gives the best hugs ever? They surround you like a blanket, and His peace surpasses all understanding.

Psalms 23:2-4: "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me."

As you can see below, we have a full schedule of travel ahead of us...but to us, I suppose it is normal...nothing busier than any other day! :-)

Also, we are staying outside Salt Lake City tonight...the last time we drove through here was in 2001, where the smog was so bad we could only see a few hundred feet in front of us, and ended up causing my brother to have his life-threatening asthma attack which landed him in an induced-coma in the ICU for a week... yeah, things are looking up this time, praise God! :)

Looking Forward: We are visiting Zion National Park tomorrow..I am very much looking forward to it!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful trip!! Just took it a year and a bit ago...Canyon de Chelly is GORGEOUS!! As is Zion and the Grand Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katelyn!!
      Nice to hear from you! It's been ages! I've never heard or been to Canyon de Chelly...I'll have to check it out!
      God bless you all up North!! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes. Dried Coconut... and Jerky! Snacks are the things that almost seem to hold the car together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmhmm! That and your favorite songs... :)

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...