Background

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Camp and Thoughts on Prayer

Today was a good day.. We got into Big Sandy at 3am, and I got a few hours sleep before the Breakfast Hour...all important when you know the chance for protein consumption won't be available again until 1200. :) Thus, don't laugh when you read that I took a couple hours' nap after breakfast before heading to help with Registration.. :)

It was good...seeing old friends, and even making some new ones.. It is so fun...re-living the fond memories (and maybe crazy adventures) with them.

ALERT campus is huge, and I think I walked a minimum of 5 miles today..maybe more. The weather is nice...in the 80's and kinda humid.. Some people hate it..I have adjusted pretty well...and the stars! Oh..I love it!

The session tonight was very convicting... I love communing with my Jesus, and do so often throughout the day...however, one area God has been convicting me on is making a consolidated Prayer List & making a habit of carrying it with me and using it. Sure, I have prayer lists, but they're scattered, and often, I don't have them available for perusal.

Mr. Gibbs shared 4 Keys for Prayer Success:
1) You gotta pray - create a prayer list and ask specifically.
2) Pray earnestly and fervently.
3) You've gotta be clean (righteous, not just 'cleaner')
4) You gotta persist.

Quotes to Ponder:
"Every failure in a Christian's life is a prayer failure." -John R. Rice
"The most powerful thing in the universe, by invitation of God, is prayer."
"Fervency is the spirit of prayer."


James 5:16: "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit."

Something else I was encouraged in today was through our Leaders' Meeting...
Not all those we serve through leadership are potential 'rocks' like Peter. Some are Andrews (who led Peter to Jesus), and their job is just as important! I want to be an Andrew.

God's goal for me is just to be His Channel...with my eyes, ears, mouth, heart, hands, and hugs. Praise God!

Daniel 12:3:
"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."__

Looking Forward: I have very limited internet access, so all canyon and cavern pictures will be posted after we leave Camp...
We have the next 3 days of conference, and though I will be leading a group of around 9 girls? (ages 12-15), I am really looking forward to learning and engrafting more of God's principles into my life personally...

We (Rachel and I) do covet your prayers as we lead these young women (and men for David and Samuel)!

5 comments:

  1. Thank-you for sharing this, Sarah!
    Praying with, and for you all! My COMMIT experience was very meaningful, and so precious! The potential you, and all of the leaders have is so huge...may God equip you with His power & love for all the young ladies you will be ministering to!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " And with each passing moment" and the post on it "CAMP AND THOUGHTS ON PRAYER". I am blessed to come across your profile and not only profile but the blog post which has so important lesson to learn on prayer. I am really blessed by those points on prayer and the quotes on prayers are so awesome. I will be praying for you and Rachel as you lead the group of young girls. Well I can not just stop here but as I read from the couple of sentences under your blog title, I came to know that you have been on missions trip to couple of countries and you want to serve God, where ever He leads you in the World because He knows the future. I am compelled to write you by the Spirit of the Lord and here is an open door for you to come to Mumbai, India on a long/ short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus and give them new hope, future and life. Our church in Mumbai, INDIA encourages young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term/ long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We have an out reach ministry to the poorest of poor in the slums of Mumbai and we reach out to them with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us on a short / long term missions trip. I am sure the Lord will use you in a very powerful way as you are trained in the medical field to deal with pregnancy cases and related sicknesses. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I will be coming to States and I am likely to visit your part of the country in June/ July 2014. I have spoken in Nazarene churches in Spokane and your city too. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diwakar,
      It sounds like you have a wonderful ministry there in India. Thank you for the invite to work there in Mumbai. At this time, God is directing me other places, but I will certainly keep your ministry in my prayers!
      Blessings to you all!

      Delete
  3. Prayer is so powerful! Always good to hear a message on the importance of maintaining a serious prayer life.
    Enjoy your time at Big Sandy!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Joyful Chaos, Thank you for stopping by!! Prayer IS powerful! Amen!! Blessings to you and your family as well!

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...